On a Summer's day in 2006, I saw something that would change my life forever. This site chronicles my quest, to learn more about the Sasquatch. Consequently, I learn more about myself along the way, and the true nature of humanity.


Summer Of the Sasquatch 2007

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Gathering wild onions


I am at about 10,500ft and come upon this patch of wild onions. To look for certain plants you must look in certain areas at certain times. Wild onions really like this sort of moist environment. There are other edible and medicinal plants available in these areas that I need to keep an eye out for. I pick the onions from different patches as well as cutting them below soil level so not to disturb the area. This lessens the impact to the area and also helps conceal my presence.

1 comment:

  1. Cool stuff, Jaime. We have wild onions in our yard, pretty tasty little suckers. They go really well with a good roast and pinto beans or Great Northern beans. When Jeff Meldrum was on the Monsterquest episode on the Chinese Wildman, he and his crew found some scallions at a high elevation there on the side of a mountain. So it is not too unusual to find things like that in areas that high. Good video.

    ReplyDelete