On a Summer's day in 2006, I saw something that would change my life forever. This site chronicles my quest, to learn more about the Sasquatch. Consequently, I learn more about myself along the way, and the true nature of humanity.


Summer Of the Sasquatch 2007

Monday, August 16, 2010

The Patty Trackway

While at the Oregon Sasquatch Symposium I speak with Bob Gimlin. Unfortunately there was never any images of the trackway in its context from the 1967 film so the next best thing was to talk with the only living person who had seen the trackway being made by the subject in question at Bluff Creek. I ask Bob to describe and draw what the trackway looked like as he remembers. He describes the trackway being in a straight line. This in itself does not exclude the possibility my documented trackways are not being made by humans even though they lack a straddle. I then show him one of the trackways I had documented and he stated that they were a match. This is not conclusive by any means but only supports my work. I think the hardest thing for people to wrap their mind's around is that this sort of gait is not from an anomaly, injury, or disease process...it is their anatomical characteristics. I feel that this may be in part due to the acetabular or hip cup position. Quadrapeds are designed to walk on all fours so their hip cups are placed differently than a bipedal creature like ourselves. The real interesting part is an observation I had made a while ago. Have you ever picked up a dog to stand straight up? Which way do their back paws point? Imagine a dog walking bipedally, what sort of trackway might it make? This observation reinforces my idea that it shares many different characteristics of man, ape and something else for this I have dubbed them the "Platypus of Primates". Recently I met a bow hunter of many years who had a sighting and then went and observed the tracks after the sighting. This retired Deputy Sheriff also drew the same in line trackway and recognized the same pattern in my images. I will touch more on this man's story in a later blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment